Our annual Dining in the Dark fundraiser brings together 250+ folks every year at our local reception hall for cocktails, a silent auction, and a sit-down dinner in the dark, served by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team.
In our current COVID world, we didn’t want to risk sickness with such a gathering (and we likely won’t be able to then, either). We’ve postponed our event once already, and instead of cancelling altogether, we’re trying something else…
Join New Vision and presenting sponsor Lake Eye Associates for Dining in the Dark at a distance!
Instead of dining in, we’re providing everything you need to have your own Dining in the Dark at home (or wherever you wanna gather with your party, but ya can’t stay here!). Our goal is to support our local economy by only using local vendors: this community has been good to us these past 15 years and we want to show our gratitude.
WHEN: July 10, 5 to 8 p.m.
WHERE: 9501 US Hwy 441, Leesburg – the College Rd. parking lot of Lake Sumter State College
COST: $40 per person – buy tickets online
Stations set up in the LSSC Leesburg parking lot for:
- Appetizers to get us started, courtesy of our Appetizer Sponsor, Insight Credit Union
- Dinner to go, catered by Mojo’s Leesburg
- Option 1: chicken pepin with sautéed onions with black beans, yellow rice, and sweet plantains
- Option 2: vegan quesadilla with tomatoes, avocado, corn, and black beans
- Craft beer (one per guests over age 21 with valid ID, in a closed container, of course) from a local brewery (TBD) courtesy of our Cocktail Sponsor, Comcast Business
- Dessert from Cuttin’ Dough, courtesy of our Dessert Sponsor, Advent Health Waterman
To give you a Dining in the Dark experience, we will provide blindfolds (don’t use while driving, please!) for you to wear while eating at home AND an online video to simulate being there (like helpful tips, a guest speaker, and corny jokes from our CEO). You’ll also get candy, courtesy of our Eye Candy Sponsors, Avalon Park Village and the Lake County Supervisor of Elections, and a beautiful printed program, printed by Litigation Solutions.
Our silent auction will be online (so please bid, even if you can’t make it)!
As we confirm more details, we’ll post here.